Master Jingzong's memo dated June 18:Kate, an 8 year old girl, wrote about her understanding of Amitabha Buddha and her vision of future. Very impressive. She is talented in speaking and writing and full of enthusiasm. Foxin said though she is a child, she has a big heart, and her little body has an energetic spirit. It's true.
MY FUTURE IS SO BRIGHT
- I In the future I will be a Buddha, because I care for every body and I always say Namo Amituofo every day.
- I would like to live in the Pure Land, because when my family dies I can see them once again and live with them once again forever.
- I will always be sure to care for everybody, because everybody is special! The End
All ABOUT AMITABHA
- What does AMITUOFO "mean? Today people say "AMITUOFO" as a way of saying "Hello", "goodbye," "Thank you," and "Sorry." When we say "AMITUOFO", our hearts will become gentle. The belief is that we can only solve problems when our hearts are gentle and our minds are at peace. Then we can spread goodness to other by using our loving kindness and begin to bring peace to our world.
- How do you reach the Pure Land? There are three rules to get there. They are faith, aspiration and practice. Faith is a strong belief in AMITUOFO's power to lead us to the pure land. Aspiration is working hard to reach the pure land, through good deeds. Practice is chanting "Namo Amituofo" to bring peace and learning. The pure land is a place with no suffering. It is a kind of heavenly country. This is a place where people can be reborn and live in joy!
- Who is Amitabha? Amitabha is the principal Buddha of the Pure Land. His goal is to help all people and lives reach the Pure Land. He is known for his red fire elements and many lives. He is the Buddha of life and Light. He always wears a yellow and orange robe. He possesses a shining light because of his many good deeds throughout his many past lives. Amitabha believes in the pure land. He describes the pure land as a place where birds are covered in jewels, cool breeze, beautiful flowers, and golden rivers.
- More Facts: If AMITUOFO didn't exist nobody in the world ever be happy. Before Amitabha was born there wasn't any happiness in India (China). If you do very bad deeds you will become a very ugly animal. If you do very good deeds you will become a very cute animal. Amitabha means "Sorry "! You might become Amitabha if you always do good deeds, and always say Namo Amituofo! The End.
- Recitation of Amitabha’s name, relying on his Fundamental Vow (the 18th)
- Rebirth of ordinary beings in the Pure Land’s Realm of Rewards
- Rebirth assured in the present lifetime
- Non-retrogression achieved in this lifetime
The 18th Vow of Amitabha Buddha
If, when I achieve Buddhahood, sentient beings of the ten directions who sincerely and joyfully entrust themselves to me, wish to be reborn in my land and recite my name, even ten times, should fail to be born there, may I not attain perfect enlightenment. Excepted are those who commit the five gravest transgressions or slander the correct Dharma.
Faith in, and acceptance of, Amitabha’s deliverance
Single-minded recitation of Amitabha’s name
Aspiration to rebirth in Amitabha’s Pure Land
Comprehensive deliverance of all sentient beings